The Naija Super Eagles is blessed with lots of goal scorers and many of them enjoyed goalscoring exploits for their clubs in the just concluded 2019/2020 season. Here we take a look at the top 10 Naija goal scorers across Europe.
8. 4 players share the number 8 position with 10 goals each. Kelechi Iheanacho of Leicester City with the best goal ratio scored 10 goals with 4 assists in 26 games. Olanrewaju Kayode also scored 10 goals for his Turkish club Gaziantep FK, providing 7 assists in 29 games. Paul Onuachu for Genk in 29 games with 2 assists. Chidera Ejuke for his Dutch club Heerenveen with 6 assists in 29 matches.
7. David Okereke – Club Brugge | The Naija U23 star scored a total of 11 goals and provided 2 assists in 35 appearances in for the Belgian club side.
6. Anthony Nwakaeme – Trabzonspor | the forgotten Nigerian striker had an impressive season in front of goal, helping his team to win the Turkish cup. He scored 14 goals provided 11 assists in 43 games
5. Umar Sadiq – Partizan | The 2016 Olympic star had the most prolific season of his career yet with 17 goals and 17 assists in 39 matches for the Serbian club
3. 2 players share the number 3 spot. The most expensive African signing Victor Osimhen scored 18 goals and provided 6 assists in 39 games for Lille, while Cyriel Dessers also scored 18 and 6 assists 29 for Heracles Almelo, winning the Dutch league top scorer award with 15 goals.
2 Simy Nwankwo – Crotone | The 2018 FIFA World Cup star had an impressive season in the Serie A, scoring 21 and providing 3 assists in 38 appearances, to help the team gain promotion to the top division.
1 Kyrian Nwabueze – KF Laci | The Naija striker born in America has been impressive in the Albanian league, scoring 25 goals and providing 5 assists in 33 games in all competitions.
Notable mentions: midfielder Joe Aribo and winger Moses Simon narrowly missed the top 10 as they both scored 9 goals each, despite not being strikers.